Turn your Chromebit or Chrome OS device into a digital sign by following the instructions below.
There are 2 versions of the MangoSigns Chrome Player, they are:
MangoSigns Chrome Player for the Chrome Browser
This version is useful for using your chrome browser as a digital sign, allowing you to cast a tab to your TV. This is a decent solution for temporary signage that you can launch and run when you need a quick sign.
MangoSigns Chrome Kiosk Player
This Chrome version of the player is built for Chrome OS devices and allows you to enable kiosk mode for 24/7 playback.
To enable kiosk mode, follow the instructions below:
- The first step is to log out of your Chrome device. You will need to be at the login/welcome screen to start.
- While at the welcome screen. (Input your network/login information, but DO NOT LOGIN to the Chromebook)
- Then, while at the login screen, press Ctrl+Alt+K and enable Kiosk mode. ( If nothing happens, when you press this, ignore and go to next step)
- Login into the Chrome OS.
- Open a new tab in Chrome, and enter chrome://extensions in the address bar (also known as the omnibox). Click enter.
- Check the box next to Developer Mode.
- Click Add kiosk application, and enter the ID of the MangoSigns Chrome Kiosk App. (It is kmhbibmlaclfhmpdfmkcdfblnglmcdeh ) It can also be found in the MangoSigns app details in the chrome://extensions where you can copy and paste it.
- Highlight the MangoSigns Chrome Kiosk and select "auto launch".
- Press Enter or click Done.
- Reboot and when asked, enable app for Kiosk mode. (If not asked, when you login you may see an Apps section in the bottom left of your screen. Click Apps, then MangoSigns Chrome Kiosk.)
- Now the app will auto launch each time you reboot.
- To Turn off Kiosk Mode, begin by rebooting the Chrome OS device. While the device is starting up, press the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Alt+S to interrupt the process and return to the login screen.